My 3D Widget Interaction component does not work anymore.

WEIRD UPDATE: I was testing for the millionth time, and as I pushed alt and tab to exit viewport, the button started working with the mouse cursor… while the interaction source was set to WORLD! When I reentered the viewport, nothing. I don’t know what to say…

UPDATE: Turns out it was from the “Receive hardware input”. Turning it off stopped the mouse thing. So back at step 1…

Hi, had the same problem as you, in my case it was that I had a collision box that was set to block visibility between me and the widget. Do you have any collision boxes/spheres/procedural foliage spawner… that are set to block visibility in your current level around the widget /in your blueprints in the level around the widget?

1 Like

UPDATE: It happened to me again, so this is my answer to the most recent poster asking about this:

There was something “stealing” my trace in both cases. With this question here, it was a blueprint with a box trigger I had so I knew when my player was inside or out of a small building so I would change the wind’s audio volume. In case no2, the most recent, it was again a blueprint with a sphere trigger that triggered music whenever I entered it. Make your 3D widget use a new specific trace channel. You are probably using camera or visibility and some trigger box or sphere you are standing inside of is blocking it. So the point chrudimer made is actually what was happening, I was wrong. I WAS inside a trigger. I hope this helps.

Dear all,
is there any update on widget intraction, hovered work fine Click not working,

Need help Guys, Thanks…

I will reply to you here and also update my answer to the question because it happened to me again and I found something that was 99% the same problem I had when I posted this question. There was something “stealing” my trace in both cases. With this question here, it was a blueprint with a box trigger I had so I knew when my player was inside or out of a small building so I would change the wind’s audio volume. In case no2, the most recent, it was again a blueprint with a sphere trigger that triggered music whenever I entered it. Make your 3D widget use a new specific trace channel. You are probably using camera or visibility and some trigger box or sphere you are standing inside of is blocking it. So the point chrudimer made is actually what was happening, I was wrong. I WAS inside a trigger. I hope this helps.

Thanks for quick reply… i try with first person templete in one file working and another file not working… stuggle lot to understand … din’t find any solution. can i share with u my file if this possible… Thanks

Sure, ntinos_@outlook.com