Mutable Plugin 5.8 Mesh Reshape works correctly with body morphs, but Modifiers (Clip Mesh With Mesh) produce geometry artifacts on the reshaped mesh

I have a body Skeletal Mesh with a “Fat” morph target, exposed as a Float Parameter. I’m using a Skeletal Mesh Reshape node to transfer that body deformation to an armor piece, using the neutral body as Base Shape and the morphed body as Target Shape (via a Mesh Morph node connected to the same Float Parameter).

On its own, this works correctly — the armor deforms along with the body as expected, with Reshape Vertices and Recompute Normals enabled.

The problem:

As soon as I add a Clip Mesh With Mesh modifier (or Remove Mesh Blocks) to the same armor piece, I get severe geometry artifacts — long degenerate spikes/triangles stretching out from the mesh (see attached screenshot). This happens regardless of the morph parameter’s value