Multiple Uworlds has been an experimental Topic around version 4.11, but ever since development has stopped into this direction as far as i can tell from the Patch Notes ever since.
There have been multiple attempts to get this back into the spotlight, this one been the latest from what it seems (How to create and manage a UWorld ? - UE4 AnswerHub) and UNAMedia has tried getting this network replicated, without success due to engine limitations.
Now some may ask why even have multiple Uworlds… i can’t talk for everyone, but many developers have their many reasons.
Some want to enlarge their maps
- new Uworld provide new World origins
- having Multiple Uworld can provide Seamless Travel
Others want to stream data
- eg. streaming game sessions from within a lobby without having to enter the game itself
And in my case…
- Seamlessly Traveling to other maps via Portal
- the Portal can Render what’s on the other side
- and the map can have its own Sunsky system, without interfering with the already existing one (short demo of what if more or less could look like Screen capture - 088cc64df066d0ed5e91aa4e50df54d6 - Gyazo )
This feature combined with network replication and world composition (which support nanite (which supports lumen)) can potentially make world creating for developers in the future limitless.
its also important to know that its more of a “preload” (a reference point should be important, to prevent pre loading everything)
I hope we can get this topic back into the forground and maybe already see some progress in a more stable UE5 version.