Multiple questions about EULA rules

Hello!

I have read the license agreement, and I have a few questions that do not allow me to sleep :frowning:

I have a legal entity. Every one of my programmers and artists has its own personal account

The license agreement:

1. The Licensed Technology is licensed to you for use by a single User.

2. If you are a legal entity, references to “you” in this agreement also apply to the User in all cases. You are responsible for the User’s compliance with this Agreement.

Do not clearly understand these rules

1. Legal person responsible for the accounts of programmers and artists?

2. How to understand this rule? The legal entity must have its own account?

Big thanks for response!

I’d rather you not be sleeping due to game development excitement rather than EULA anxiety. Let’s see what we can do…

In the EULA, there are two concepts that are relevant here - You and the User. This is covered in the Definitions. If you’re using the engine under the EULA just for yourself, You and the User are the same. If a legal entity (usually a company) is developing a project under the EULA, “You” means the legal entity, and the “User” is each employee working on that project. Note that each individual signs the EULA separately, so for an individual, their signing the EULA can make them a “User” under your legal entity for that project, and make them a “You” and “User” under their own individual projects. It gets a little confusing - sorry - but we wanted to cover all the bases in one agreement.

So for your project under your legal entity, the legal entity is legally responsible for the project under the EULA, although every User on that project has their own responsibilities.

Right now we don’t have a system to allow a legal entity to sign up, but if you use the engine under the EULA on behalf of the legal entity, that legal entity becomes the licensee (You).

Yes, it’s really hard to understand… Another little question from me.

In EULA, 16 section.

B. Termination by Epic. Epic may terminate the Agreement by providing written notice if you materially breach any provision of this Agreement and the breach is not curable or, if it is curable, you fail to cure the breach within thirty (30) days of notice of the breach from Epic. Without limiting the foregoing, your failure to make any payment due under this Agreement or breach of any restriction under the Epic Licenses constitutes a material breach of this Agreement.

What kind of is not curable violation have in mind?
Sorry for the many questions…

We didn’t have anything specific in mind - it’s kind of just standard contract language. A non-curable breach would be something that was wrong that you can’t fix. So you aren’t allowed to sell the engine to other people - if you did that, you probably couldn’t fix it.

Thank you very much for your answers!