Edit - i think i figured this out. below is the answer.
So basically, if you do a spline. have 1 mesh in the Center. then want to add meshes offset on the Y-Axis so you end up with the example picture of a road with sidewalks.
But notice the sidewalk isn’t flush with the road. The outside sidewalk is longer and the inside is shorter. which kind of makes sense but it doesn’t.
I achieved the offset using simple transform points.
EDIT - I overcomplicated this.
A fix I did come up with was to just filter out the first (or last for the other side) 2 control points. resample them with 0 subdivisions. and reinsert them. But this will only work if the meshes have the same distance increments, but it does work if that if thats not an issue.
Edit - The answer -
Instead, you literally just have to
Get Spline Data -
Sample Spline (any mode, distance/subdivision/samples) -
Create Spline -
Sample Spline (using subdivision mode with 0 per segment).
Then continue with offsetting.
and it fixes this. I believe it may even fix this with different sized increments ( i haven’t fully tested). which to me is insane. but it works. the only downside being it will slightly (<1) change your distances.
Edit - This idea is unnecessary now.
In the level viewport you can fix the issue by simply adjusting the tangent of the spline end points. it is extreamly tedious and would have to be with exact precision to get it perfect. so I imagine theres some way to calculate it in the pcg graph. but i dont know what that would be.
Any ideas?
