Multiple Light On/Off for sequencer

I’m animating a building from day to night. How can i turn on all of the spotlight outside? It is hard to animate one by one. Is there a faster way of doing this?

Just put a blueprint in the level, which has the code

Event_all_off → GetAllActorsOfClass( spotlight ) → ForEachLoop( Off )

:slight_smile:

Sorry forgot to say i’m a newbie in ue. i know a bit of blueprint. can you be more specific on how to do it? And can i animate the blueprint in the sequencer?

You make a blueprint, which has one custom event, and drop it in the level. Then you can call that event from the sequencer

This assumes they are all spotlights.

ok i have done the new blueprint. now the problem is, how to call an event in the sequencer? sorry to bother. i have search the internet and youtube on this. but found none.

You add the blueprint to the seq

and call the event on that track

add a key

and set it to trigger the event ( right click )

PS: I discovered it also added an event to a level sequence director BP, and I had to play the sequence from the level BP at runtime.

All in all, a simple 732 step procedure. Now I remember why I don’t use the level sequencer :slight_smile:

i follow your instruction but the lights are still on. :frowning:

Trigger Level Blueprint Events from Sequencer in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation
I found this tutorial but there is no “Add” on my class settings. i’m using ue 5.2

This is a totally different thing. I’d give up trying to do it from the sequencer, actually…

Because I have a sense, the next thing you’re going to ask is, “it would be nice if they all turned on and off slightly randomly”, which would entail changing all the spotlights for blueprints, and…

:thinking:

No i don’t have the of randoming the turning on of the lights. but if i would give up the sequencer any idea on how to do it? or can i do it on MRQ? or Take Record? Because there’s a lot of tutorial on youtube on turning on the lights but with third person. don’t know what to do. but i appreciate your time. i’m new here in the community this is my first post.

Like I say, after setting this up, the game has to be playing. I won’t work in edit mode.