Multiple crashes on different games that use UE4.

Hello everyone!

I’m writing here as a desperation attempt because I’ve run out of every posibility in the book except wipe my disks and start over.

Essentially, ANY game that runs on Unreal 4 will inevitably crash with the error DGXI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. The main game I’m trying to make work is Mordhau, but the error also happens with Apex Legends and Titanfall, Hunt showdown and some more games made with Unreal.

Here are the specs of my PC:

GPU: RTX 2070 SUPER

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700k 8 core

16gb of ram

Motherboard: X570 GAMING X

I have 4 drives, 1 128gb SSD for windows, 1 500gb SSD for SSD stuff, 1 2To HDD and 1 500gb HDD.

Here are the things I’ve tried from different sources:

Looking for updates for my graphics driver both through GeForce Experience and through the Windows Device Manager. Both have come out with the latest update.

Adding a registry key in my graphics driver.

Uninstalling / reinstalling the games on different drives.

I’ve looked if my CPU was overclocked by default in the BIOS but no, as I thought, my CPU isn’t overclocked.

GPU isn’t overclocked either.

Truly, I am lost. I’ve tried many things and I’ve yet to find a way to make Unreal games work. So if anyone has a secret trick or an ace up their sleves it would be appreciated.

Same problem. I see this thread is a bit old, but I am looking for help, and it seems that no one can figure this problem out, meanwhile UE4 is still being licensed new games!

This seems to be limited to NVidia adapters. People with much newer cards than mine still having had this issue, so I dont feel like the Chipset generation is the issue.

I will describe my problem: random HARD crashes that result in monitors either red, green, blue, yellow or white.

This is more that a blue screen, this crashed my MAIN BOARD because because the ‘reset’ button does not reset instantly as usual, rather it acts more like the power button requiring it to be held down for several seconds.

The crash dump reads: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - nvlddmkm.sys

There are many threads about this issue, but few solutions. NONE HAVE WORKED FOR ME.

I have tried TDR in the registry (or whatever it is), run as admin, I did NOT underclock my graphics card. That should not be required.

Crashes occur in
Bards Tale IV Director Cut
Die Young
Project Wingman
Halo: Master Chief Collection

All using Unreal 4 game engines. Hitman 2 (2019) runs fine, as does Mafia 3. OCCT v3.0 Stress and memory test for the graphics adapter check out fine. 3D Mark v2.11 stress test no crashes, freezes or hangups. GPU memtest v1.2 passes all tests.

Liquid cooled CPU & GPU since day 1. Temps never exceed 128F actual.

I have a HOST of games I would be willing to test if anyone thinks a different game engine might crash my system. Though nothing with UE5.I would be willing to break down my system and check for dried thermal compund IF and ONLY IF I can reproduce the crash on another game engine.

Asus x58
intel i7
Geforce GTX 670

PS: make sure you comment about how old my system is, and that I should just go buy another :wink: