multiple components with different collision

Im not sure if I’ve misunderstood something here, but is it possible in Components to have say 2 meshes with 2 different collisions ?
Ive created a base blueprint actor which has a mesh that has :
e64b9a0078bd78e4d985a9f290ef1cfe026de3f8.jpeg

then i have a new blueprint class which inherits this and has another mesh :
e033bcdb1177b77755d76f32d8b36025389add03.jpeg

my intention is, the base bp mesh doesnt collide but can “touch” things so i can do trace hits with it - currently working fine
and then i extend/inherit this base class and add mesh(s) that do have collision

any pointers would be greatly appreciated on how to achieve this, at the moment the 2nd mesh doesnt seem to have any collision at all

If it’s static mesh, you have to create collision shape for it in static mesh editor.
If it’s skeletal mesh, you either have to create physics asset or create collision shape for it inside blueprint actor editor, such as capsule component, and place your mesh inside that shape.

Physics assets way is not what you’re looking for i believe, since to get collisions with physics asset you have to enable physics blending, which will lead to rag-doll like behavior on pretty much everything. It behaves differently on vehicles, but i’m not aware of how it’s done.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just like the unreals of by gone
i assumed this mesh had a collision, it did not, it now does, and my stuff works

thank you very much