Multiple Collision Events from Single Niagara Emitter?

Hey everyone!

I hope you’re all doing well. I’ve got a quick question regarding the Niagara particle system.

I am trying to create rain, which behaves differently depending on the surface it collides with. I have successfully created a splash emitter that bounces off the collision normal of the object hit by my rain emitter. If water hits a particle surface designated as “water” I would like to generate a ripple instead of a splash.

From what I’ve seen, it isn’t possible to have multiple collision events generated by one emitter (rain), so I’m not sure how I can separate the emission of different particles. Is this possible?

I’ve got a temporary fix working in which the splash particle has its own collision with the water layer, and thus dies and generates a ripple on its collision event, but this isn’t ideal because my splash effect generates 1-4 particles. and I don’t need to be creating excess ripples at the same location. Below is an image of what I’ve done, and I’ve edited the module names for clarity:

I’ve also found that aligning the ripple sprite (unticked in the image) to the collision normal of the splash does not work, but it does work when receiving the rain’s collision event…

Any help would be greatly appreciated!