Multiple audio listener spatialization and routing

Hello everyone! I’m trying to develop a VR setup where multiple users will hear different audios in their headphones. Basically I would have 4 audio listeners, each one of them rendering stereo audio (2 channels) based on spatialization and distance attenuation. Then, I need each audio to be routed to a couple of output channels on an external ASIO driver. So, for example, audio from listener 1 would output on channels 1 and 2, audio from listener 2 on channels 3 and 4 and so on. Anyone had the same problem? Do you think this is achievable with UE4?

Same, need to configure for equiangular output!
ILGARA did you come to anything with this?

Hi Clifford, we ended up using Unity but I assume it can work with UE too. We had a different Unity build for each player running at the same time on the pc, all of them receiving the same tracking data and each one outputting its own spatial audio. We then routed the four audio signals to the ASIO driver trough windows audio settings. Its obviously a redundant and far from optimal solution, but I hope it can help. Cheers

Thank you, interesting you were using ASIO for routing externally ! I’ll keep looking into from a UE4 point of view and share here if I do (2 years later lol) :wink: