Multiplayer with Blueprints (Dedicated)

Hello,

I am currently learning everything but I have something what I have been thinking off and want a solution.

If I make a game, openworld and I want to make a shooting system it needs to sync everything with the server.
But I do not know C++ propely for UE4, is it possible to make a dedicated server with everything synced without much knoweledge about C++?

Thanks,

I made online multiplayer shooter games with only blueprints and works well. The only issue I found is that seems that with blueprints the lag is not beign calculated, so if its very high, there wont be “killing” trought the walls, which is actually worst because this happens because of a compensation between client and server latency.

Hello there, thanks for your reply,

Did you make the server dedicated, or was it host and client?
And are you able to sync the values between the server and the players/clients?

Thanks,

Did you make the server dedicated, or was it host and client?
It doesnt matters at all, a dedicated server is the same as a host but without a player nor graphic processes.

And are you able to sync the values between the server and the players/clients?
I´m not sure what do you mean with this. If you are referencing to sync variable values, ofcourse yes, Its not possible to make a multiplayer game otherwise. Everything goes about replicating values to make clients do actions.

Grts,

• Nes

With host, you don’t need really a big server just something that runs well. If you want to run something like CSGO, you need to have lot of servers… fast servers. I would go first with hosts and then if you start earning going with dedicated servers.