Multiplayer Sprinting - Player jittering

Does anyone know why the player sprint movement isn’t smooth? Everything works fine (including setting the Walk Speed and changing to sprint animation) but, however, the Player movement isn’'t smooth.

That actually solved the problem, thx :slight_smile:

I am not sure which parts of CharacterMovement are automatically replicated both directions server-client and client-server, and if Max Walk Speed is among them.

The first thing I would try is to set the Max Walk Speed on the client side at the same time as you make the server RPC, and see if that improves things because then you’re eliminating half the latency of the action (you don’t have to wait for a round trip replication to observe the change in speed on the device that sent the server RPC in the first place) Of course then there will be a little bit of a desync between the client that caused the sprint and the other clients, which will look like a little bit of a jump/teleport for a few frames when it corrects the latency, but hopefully CharacterMovement knows how to smooth that out automatically. Hopefully.

1 Like

Could you possibly post an image of your solution please?

I can across the same issue, and following your answer, I did the below, but I still seem to be getting the jittering you where referring too. I know the image shows 0 for walk speed, but it is in fact set to 600 and the issue still persists.

You cannot do multiplayer sprinting in blueprints. It’s simply not possible at this time. What’s crazy is that it worked perfectly fine in 4.20 and previous versions, but 4.21 and 4.22 you now have to use c++ due to changes to the movement component

could you elaborate? I feel as though I had it working in 4.22 blueprints only but somehow broke it. That’s how I ended up here.