Multiplayer Levels

Forgive me if there’s already a way to do this but my understanding is there is not. I’ve seen a number of people asking how to do this and none of the threads got any replies so I assume it is not possible.

UE4 doesn’t seem to support certain kinds of multiplayer games. It’s probably easiest if I give an example. In Minecraft, a player can be in the nether while another player can be in the overworld. In UE4, opening a level seems to open it for everyone and close the existing level. There doesn’t seem to be a clean way to open a level for one player and have another in the previous. The host or dedicated server would simply have to load two levels at once. I understand this can bog down the server quite a bit, but it should be possible with two or three levels at a time.

In my particular case, I want to have a ‘town’ and procedural dungeons. I want players to be able to travel either to the current procedural dungeon that’s been loaded or the town without forcing all the other players along for the ride. The town is complicated enough that I don’t want to jurry rig the system to get it to work.

Am I missing something or is this an oversight? It seems to me that a lot of different games need this mechanic to work properly.