Multiplayer Auction

Hey guys,

I’m very new to UE and also new here in the forum so please have patience with me.

I have an idea but before I dive into the abyss of headaches and I wanted to see how something like this is possible and ask for any direcrion I should go in.

The Idea: I want to create a multiplayer auction for Real World Items. In the simplest form, users would connect / join session to a Art Gallery Map where they can chat, click on the pieces of Art for more information and place a bid on piece they want to purchase.

Here are some concerns I have thought about and is most of the reason why I am making this post.

1. Is there a way to create 1 server instance and that’s it? What I mean by this is if a client is able to become the host for a “game” how would I be able to communicate between multiple servers with things like item information / current bid etc.

What I would like is the ability to create 1 server instance and just allow 50 - 100 people to connect.

1. Let’s say I want to add 20 more items in game, does this mean that each time I update the content I have to push a new release or is there a way to pull in content dynamically using the VaRest Plugin.

Eg. If I created an api via Php and hosted it on my webserver could I use that plugin to pull data from my database and apply textures, total balance $$ etc.

I do have quite a few more questions but this is a starting point. I want to thank you in advance for any direction and feedback.