Multicolored fog post-process material

I don’t have any levels with water. So I don’t know about translucency. That level with the Lighthouse is available somewhere, or it’s your own stuff?

It seems to me that there are no problems with translucent materials. but i’ve noticed, that post process fog needs to be set as “Before Translucency” for correct blur when using DoF.

BP screenshot + gif. It’s 101 instructions, I don’t know, how it affects on performance.

201056-roufog1.jpg

201055-fogue4_roumonk2.gif

BP screenshot is at the bottom of the page

oh, TransluentWater material is 4 times larger. no need to worry

201061-watertransluentepicmaterial.jpg

I think there wasn’t a problem with water in your case. It’s just too small fog distance. But with “water planes” pack you need to uncheck “separate translucency” and it’ll become affected by dof and our fogs. Also with water material you’ll have incorrect blending with other tranclucent materials by default (i.e. without fog)…“Wish I were graphics programmer” :slight_smile:

201073-fogue4_roumonk3.gif

It seems, you’ve not changed post process material to “Before Transclucency”, what I mentioned in comments above.
If you’ll turn “Color Opacity” to 0 in the “Fog_Global_Color”, and check “FogGlobal_DistanceX100” parameter, you’ll achieve visible skybox too :slight_smile:

Also, my blueprint is designed for use with material instance, so you can change parameters in real time without compiling shader (In case you didn’t know about that). Here’s the screenshot of parameters.

Great)
Oh, I’m not very familiar with forums, but It’s definitely a good idea, thanks

Yeah, good. Color picker is a better solution )

Hey, our fog is famous :smiley:

hahahah I droped a comment there :smiley:
Thats so cool <3 we should be proud :smiley:

Hey guys, this is awesome and exactly what I need. Is it available to download anywhere?

Hey everyone! really love the effect this material gives off, trying to recreate it, its working but it completely colors my scene, I’d like it to tint the scene, not completely take over, am I doing something wrong or is this to be expected? thank you!