Multi-User Unreal Engine 5

Hey!

I’m trying to setup a multi-user system so that I can have multiple people work in the same project in my office.

There’s a few tutorials here and there, but it’s really an all-over-the-place situation and gets confusing really fast. I created a server using the Helix Apps, and I can’t seem to understand how to make the unreal project that is on my pc, accessible through the other computer for the other user to be able to edit on the same project.

I’m stuck on the depot/workspace creation…

been following this guy on youtube(Unreal Game Sync #2: Prerequisites - YouTube), but he’s kinda hard to follow.

Is there any specific tutorial, noob-friendly, to have a working setup like this on unreal engine 5?

Thank you!

Hey @Moura,
Have you tried Unreals step-by-step for Multi-User Editing? It has a really easy guide for setting it up:

I haven’t used anything other than this personally so I cannot attest to other methods, but this is whats worked for me. I hope this can help!
-Zen

1 Like

Hey @ZenLeviathan !
This is perfect! Exactly what I was actually looking for!

I was able to set it up! I have 2 people working on the project!

I do have a question about the Source Control.
How can I “persist level changes” automatically through my source control?

I noticed I have these settings here on the far left, on the persist submit files menu, but I can’t click on them.

What’s the best approach to have this properly setup?

Thank you for your help!

@Moura,
You’re welcome! So inside of your preferences, you can actually select the “Add files when modified” under your source control, so that all changes auto-submit to the source. I think you still need to persist because that action fully declares the files to the source.
Happy coding, and let me know if you need any more help! :vulcan_salute:

-Zen

1 Like

Hey @ZenLeviathan! Will take a look at the documentation and try and implement it.
What a time-saver!

Thank you for your time. Wish you the best!

1 Like

is “helix” what you are using for source control?

1 Like

I was trying to use Helix, but my coworker who’s a programmer finds it better to use git. I’m not certain of the reasons, and it’s something we will not implement in our project yet.

When I have everything implemented and working, I’ll comment here how we managed to set it up.

1 Like