Multi platform game

Hey guys, I’m totally new in game development and I’m pretending to make an isometric game that runs both in PC/Mac and iOS/Android.

On unreal engine I will code just one game for all the platforms or I will need to create two projects for that?
Thanks.

Hi!

Yes, you need create only one project. But on PC you can packaging for Windows, Android, HTML5, iOS, Linux. On Mac - for Mac, iOS, Android.
You need remember, that mobile platform have some limitation, and you need to ensure that your game looked the same on mobile (Android, iOS) and PC/OSX/Linux versions.

Hey ijoaum,

Upon creating a new Project via the Launcher you are prompted for targeted platform as well as Scalable 2D/3D graphics quality. Depending on the targeted platform you will want to make sure your game is compatible for the other options as well. For example, when creating/editing content targeting mobile platforms, you will have some limitations and certain parameters in which you can design mainly due to the current hardware limitations of mobile devices. With that in mind, have a look over the Documentation pages for Mobile Development and general Platform Development Guidelines.

Targeted Platform

Scalable Quality

Mobile Development Documentation: General Mobile Development for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

Platform Development: Sharing and Releasing Projects for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

I hope this helps you get started on the right track! :slight_smile:

Cheers,