Multi-line text box stops working after couple text lines in Japanese, Chinese, Korean with IME keyboard input

Hello everyone,

I’m currently making a “Daily journal” feature in my game, it’s basically a multi-line text widget inside a scroll box. Players can then freely input text without a limit of character. While the system works perfectly fine for languages such as English and French, users have reported issues with Asian languages such as Japanese, Chinese and Korean, that utilize Microsoft IME keyboards for symbol input.

Specifically, after a few lines of text input in Asian languages, the multi-line text editor seems to fail, preventing users from inputting any further text. This issues only seems to be present when the user types text “normally” without copy and pasting. It basically lets them write a dozen lines and then stops working, even though they can copy and paste much larger amount of text with no issues, so it doesn’t seem like a character limit.

I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue or if there are any known solutions to this problem?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!