Multi GPU Cards

Hi,

I have 2 GPU, but Unreal use just one of them, how can I enable it to work with the 2 GPU

Thanks

NVIDIA SLI ALternative Frame Rendering in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

Thanks, I follow on the info you sent me, but I don’t have the SLI Rendering Mode in the list
Do you know why?
i have 2 GPU
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 super

SLI its mean NVlink?
so i need to buy this one?

Did some research and found this:

In order to enable Unreal Engine to work with multiple GPUs, you need to follow these steps:

• Go to the Project Settings in Unreal Engine.
  • Under the “Rendering” category, select “Rendering Hardware Level”.
  • Change the setting from “SM5” to “SM5 and DX12”.
  • Restart the engine and launch your project.

This will allow Unreal Engine to use both GPUs for rendering, which can lead to significant performance gains.

Note that this step is only if you have a multi-gpu setup, if you only have one GPU it will not make any difference.
Also, you will need to make sure that your GPU driver supports the option of running on multiple GPUs and that the option is enabled.

It is also important to note that not all features and features may be fully supported in multi-gpu.

Please let me know if it works!

In order to use multiple GPUs with Unreal Engine, you will need to enable Multi-GPU support in the engine’s settings. This can typically be done by going to the “Project Settings” menu, then selecting the “Rendering” category and enabling the “Enable Multi-GPU Support” option.

Additionally, you may also need to configure your GPU settings in the operating system to ensure that Unreal Engine is able to access both GPUs. This can typically be done through the NVIDIA or AMD control panel, depending on which type of GPUs you are using.

You can also make sure you are using the latest version of the engine which may have better support for multi-GPUs.

Is this for UE 5.1? I have no “Rendering” category under projects settings. Closest is under the Engine category is “rendering” settings but no options for “enable multi-gpu support”

Did you figure it out how to enable multiple GPU in unreal 5.1

Can’t Find

• Under the “Rendering” category, select “Rendering Hardware Level”.
  • Change the setting from “SM5” to “SM5 and DX12”.

any update on how to enable multi gpu in UE 5.1, I have no “Rendering” category under projects settings in it

As far as I know, and already used, it is just for Path Tracing rendering. And just need to use this console commands: 2 GPUS
-MaxGPUCount=2
r.PathTracing.MultiGPU=1
r.PathTracing.SpatialDenoiser.Type

1 Like

I have Duel RTX4080 setup. but 40 series don’t support SLI. I am really tensed how to use them for unreal.

RTX 4080 does not offer NVLink or SLI support so you are probably out of luck.

The only way you could use them if you could assign specific task to separate GPUs for calculations (that don’t depend on variables between them). That is a very specific scenario that I doubt Epic will add to the engine.

With no VNLink you are also limited to the VRam of 1 card (no joined memory pooling)