Much needed feature request for FNC: ability to select/move whole pre-fabs

I find UEFN a bit overwhelming trying to create some maps that should be relatively easy to create in Fortnite Creative if not for the fact that pre-fabs are impossible to move in FNC.

I’m trying to use the Citadel pieces but there’s no easy way to know how the bridge snaps to the main fortress, nor the ramparts to the back of the fortress. Trying to place them together with just a blue cube is impossible. And then if you make a mistake, you have try to select the individual components and delete them one at a time (even with the rapid delete option). I wish that there was at least the option to select an entire pre-fab that’s already placed so that you can easily move them, if not delete them. I can understand the performance implications of moving a full model and why you went with using a “hologram” fill-in, so I get that. Solving the selection issue would be a good workaround though.

I know I can do this in UEFN, but there’s a certain elegance in the simplicity of being able to just power on a game console and create something quickly right within the game client, as well as test with others that you invite to your island without needing to publish or make them team members ala the Creator Portal stuff. This pre-fab issue is probably the only thing stopping me from using FNC, and I would rather use it than UEFN since everything else I want to do is available as a gadget or big, clear menu option in FNC without the complicated UI. I’ve used CAD and modelling programs before too so I’m used to the interface, but it seems pretty heavy-handed for this.

FYI: I’m not even really enamored with the landscaping tools of UEFN. I find picking and deforming the pre-fab rock and mountain gallery objects easier to work with. Bravo for making a wide variety of them. I’m using the modular lava rock galleries a lot, and I didn’t see any paint layers for lava or mountainous rock in the landscaping tools.

Thank you for your feedback. While I cannot guarantee a response, I can confirm that this has been forwarded to the appropriate team.