MSSR ★ Modular Snap System Runtime Plugin

Another room done. It explains how to prepare your actors for using with the plugin.
Demo updated MSSR Examples by Inu Games
Once it’s done I will upload project files too

MSSR PluginTutorial: finished! Please check it out and tell me if everything works and everything is explained clearly enough.

Download it here: MSSR Examples by Inu Games

I will upload the project files too.

I hope they will review it soon …
In the meantime: new logo. I think it’s much more clear what the plugin does :slight_smile:

LogoCubes-copy.png

I made a video walktrough of the demo

Still waiting for review…

In the meantime, some multiplayer testing:

It works good if physics are not enabled. Replicating physics seems tricky, I couldn’t make “weld simulated bodies” replicate. I don’t know mp and replication very well, so maybe there is a way to make that work too. Anybody knows?

Btw, it’s not the part of the plugin, I just made a setup where the snap is executed on the server and the preview on the client only.

Great work, but i think the change in orientation at 34 second mark should not be flipped, it should stay relative to the camera.

Other than that, i could see a lot of potential uses for your system.

Thank you! That flip was just because the “AttachToComponent” node had the SnapToTarget option. I copied some example BP from the documentation, if was like that for some reason, now it’s fixed. I was actually looking how the VR work. So I took basic VR example and now i modifying it for mp.

Here, the improved version, also with the VR hand. I followed the VR example on the documentation site, so it’s like a vr controller which is fixed to the body, but otherwise works the same.

A little bit more mp testing

Looks great. It will be very useful and helpful in applications and VR also.

Still nothing in marketplace (not available).

Really need this plugin ASAP.

Short tutorial to get started, showing how to create a snap-enabled pawn and how to prepare the actors (cubes) to be used by the plugin.

(Sorry for the sound, something went wrong with OBS filters, I will probably record it again later.)

@PiotrC I’m very impatient too, it seems the marketplace review is much slower then it was before :frowning:

New example character bps from the example project.

Simple pawn capable of grabbing, moving and snapping any actors, all in 1 screenshot.

Another pawn, which supports simulated actors and welding/unwelding. A little bit more complex because of the physics code.

Most complex of simple example: supports multiplayer XOR physics, show outlines, animated hand like in vr etc.

I made a tentative implementation of a VR example. (“Tentative” because I have no VR so I tested with kbm instead, see video below)

Download MSSRVR.zip on itch.io

Basically, this it the default UE VR template project with snapping added.

To simply pick/drop cubes without snap use “Grip” button, when released they will just fall on the ground.
For snapping you have to hold the Trigger when you release the Grip. When you hold a cube and you press the trigger the preview will appear to indicate where it will go.
And if you hold the trigger when you press the grip, then it will try to detach the cube from its current parent.
I hope it’s clear :slight_smile:

Those controls can be modified if you edit MSSRVR\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini

Let me know if that works and if there are better controls, I have absolutely no idea if “Grip” and “Trigger” can even be pressed in the same time.

Edit: it seems you need to run as administrator to have VR output, but otherwise it works!

Still waiting for review…

In the meantime, some fun with physical constraints. Constraints are used instead of weld or attach, check here:

Some more constraints:

Another example map for Content examples project.

After “SmoothMove” aligns 2 cubes a constraint actor is spawned to hold them together. So it’s 1 constraint per cube. Runs pretty smoothly at 120 fps in editor.
On “detach” the constraint is simply broken and destroyed.
I also needed to create a map of created constraints, to know who is connected to who.

Added the demo on itchio, download MSSRPhysCon.zip

Received an email that the review is starting!
I uploaded the project files for all those demos plus some more examples on itch.io

**MSSRExample_Project.zip **contains most of them and MSSRVR_Project.zip contains the VR demo.

GREAT NEWS! :slight_smile:
@ How do You think? How much time review will can take?

Thank you! Few days if everything goes okay, otherwise they can ask to make changes, in this case few more. But it will not restart from zero. For our previous submissions it the review was pretty quick.

I finally managed to make the clean detach of physics actors. It took much more time then expected. There is a bug in UE I think that makes things difficult.
I will add that to the example project and to the VR project so people can try to break it :slight_smile: