Mssql database interfacing with unreal Engine for persistent data storage

am a database administrator who started messing around with Unreal engine for the last two years.MSSQL has been my favorite database even those these pass 8 years of my career i have used most databases oracle to mysql .i havent found a lot documentation on using mssql database with Unreal Engine for database storage. please can someone direct me to a good tutorial or even teach me how its done .am just trying to find myself in this new trajectory and still do the old database thing am already doing

Hi,
First of all, as everyone will tell you here, never encode the password/authentication codes directly inside the game software. Although the Unreal Engine encrypts the game, zero risk does not exist .

To communicate with a database, you will have to use in most cases, a server (or a simple website host) which processes PHP codes. (example.com/connect.php)

You then establish the simple method: POST by retrieving the information sent by the players. Then this PHP code will directly contact your MS SQL database.

The VAREST plugin allows you to send these POST requests.

I invite you to familiarize yourself with a simple PHP > MS SQL connection, if you succeed in this, the rest will be very simple to implement in your game.