.msi installer not opening

Hi there I just found out that UE4 is now for free, so I went and downloaded the installer from their site, and when it was done downloading. I put it on my desktop and tried to run it but it didn’t run, it didn’t do anything, Does anyone know why it won’t install?

UPDATED

I tried to run it through cmd (as admin) and it gave me an error saying “this installation package cannot be installed by the windows installer service. You must install a windows service pack that contains a newer version of the windows installer service.”

Hi OFFICIALK4RN4,

Could you post a copy of your dxdiag (system specs)? In Windows you can find them by going to the Start menu and typing ‘dxdiag’ into the search bar. Click ‘Save All Info’ and upload the text file here.

I’ll do that as soon as I get home, but I also believe that my service pack is causing that problem, I’m currently using Service Pack 1 I have my computer back home updating to Service Pack 2. I’m pretty sure it will fix the problem, what do you think?

It’s possible that could fix the issue. I’m using Service Pack 1 here though and it works in-house.

Well the installation has started guess I’ll find out soon!

Did the installation work this time?

Haha well you see, it didn’t update it at all so I have to do it all over again!

Hey so I got Service Pack 2 installed and I found out my problem, my processor dosnt support UE4, so I can’t say I’m not sad, but guess I’ll have to stick to UDK. Unless there’s another way I can get it to work! Thanks btw!

Out if these processors which one do you think would work? (I can only upgrade to these ones)

Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2140 (1.6 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2160 (1.8 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200(2.5 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 (1.8 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 (2.0 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 (1.86 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 (2.13 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 (2.33 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (2.66 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 (2.80 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)

Wolfdale Core 2 Duo, E8400, 3.0GHz, 6MB, 1333FSB, 65W, E0

Wolfdale Core 2 Duo, E8500, 3.16GHz, 6MB, 1333FSB, 65W, C0

I’m not allowed to recommend a specific processor but this is the overall specs that you would want to meet to develop with UE4.

• Desktop PC with Windows 7 64-bit or a Mac with Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later

• 8 GB RAM

• Quad-core Intel or AMD processor

• DX11 compatible video card

Here is a good place to go on the Forums to compare and discuss specs with other users.

Cheers,

TJ