MRQ not rendering foliage, water and terrain

Hey everyone, I hope someone has an idea what the problem is.
I set up a quick cinematic on a prebuild map. In sequencer everything looks fine but the render…

Thanks in advance!

Hi! Does the landscape disappear when you start the game mode normally?

^^^^^^ I second this. Trying Playing the game in the editor and see what happens. My guess is that your assets are on a sublevel, and the sublevel is set to be a streaming level loaded by Blueprints only. You can change the sublevels to “Always Loaded”

Hey thanks @Stephen.Phillips and @DmitryCrowd for getting back at me. I tested running it and it was all there

Is this now a good or bad sign?

And this is the level structure

Any idea @Stephen.Phillips?

Seems fine. Can you share a screenshot of your sequencer tracks? Are you rendering Local or Remote in MRQ? Have you checked the logs for warnings when rendering (Locally)?

Hey @Stephen.Phillips sure here is the Sequencer

I’m rendering locally. Here is the log

Not seeing anything fishy. If we go back to the basics of debugging, you could try making a new level with new landscape and new sequence and see if it behaves any differently. Sometimes that will help reveal the differences.

You might try to explicitly bring the landscape or its sublevel into Sequencer and set its Visibility (Actor Hidden in Game) or Loaded state. That’s a long shot.

Also is this happening across every frame of the sequence or is it just the first few frames? Sometimes it helps to add extra Render and Warm Up frames in the AntiAliasing settings to make sure it loads everything and renders it a few times. But I’m running low on more viable reasons why this is happening for you.

Hey @Stephen.Phillips thanks for the input. It’s really weird. I’ve rendered all my sequences with these settings and even when my pc is not the strongest (by far) it managed to render the scenes. Would it be possible to open the sequence on a new level? So I keep my camera work but “just” change the ladnscape?

Yes, you can open a sequence in any level. The tracks will likely be colored red and tell you that the referenced actor is missing. You can right click on the tracks and assign them to similar actors in the new scene.

1 Like

I solved the problem by turning off “FlushGrassStreaming” in Game overrides.

2 Likes