Moving Text along spline through Blueprint / Sequencer performance issue

I’m using a Blueprint for moving text along a spline. I’m using the setup illustrated in the screenshots below. It’s used in sequencer, and running in the Construction Script ( with Sequencer calling that one every frame). It works just fine if it’s just 5-8 words, but when I add more (like 30-50 words in total), the editor gets very laggy (below 10 FPS). Is there any way to improve on this? My guess is that the part of setting up the text render (first image) doesn’t have to be called every frame, just when I edit the BP in the level. But how could I prevent just that part from being called by the sequencer?

It will be very lumpy, if you’re trying to ‘animate’ the construction script.

Just move all this code into the main graph, and use a timeline to move along the spline, and it should be fine.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply!

Actually the setup is from your solution here, thanks again!

I assume with “main graph” you’re referring to the Event Graph, and with “timeline” to the Sequencer? How do you access the Event Graph from the sequencer? I’ve already got the Event Graph set up for rendering everything out with MRQ (since that one doesn’t work with Construction Script), but I’m not sure how to make the blueprint update the tick every frame from within Sequencer.

Currently I’m having three variables that I’m animating through sequencer (Size X, Spacing Offset and Start Offset), and they animate because “Rerun Construction Scripts” is activated.

That’s not me, that’s @Everynone :slight_smile:

I mean copy and paste the code into the main event graph. Ditch the sequencer, and use a timeline node to move the text. ( and scale it etc ).

1 Like