Moving Player Start on Moving Platform?

I have a moving platform in-game however, I can’t get Player Start to attach on top of it. When I try using “Add Component” I can’t seem to find it. Is there a way to parent it or is there a better method?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it matters I’m using the timeline node.

Interesting question. You can’t attach PlayerStart as it’s an actor and not a component. I did a quick test by creating a Blueprint actor with a static mesh platform and a CildActorComponent with a PlayerStart actor. Seems like the Child needs to be static for it to work…

2 ideas for you to consider:
You can change the PlayerStart positioning every time you move the platform.

Your other option would be to override the event that selects Player Start and use your own logic to find a position.

This will give you an idea how to do this:

Thank you for the response! So for option 1 could I set up a timeline as well but for PlayerStart?

Don’t think you’ve need another timeline. At the time when you set the position of the platform you can also set the position of the Player Start. Never tried this so you might get some surprises :slight_smile:

Depending on your platform mesh you might need to tweak the world of the Start Actor so it’s not placed inside the platform.

Thanks again for the input! PlayerStart isn’t movable so I may try the second method.

Cool, sorry! Never tried something like this. Good luck. Sometimes you just need to experiment in gamedev :slight_smile:

Attach the Platform as a child actor of the player start and put it in a sequence and it will move.