I’m trying to find out how to move a static mesh around my world using target points. I have tried to use simple move to location but that yeilds no results. If anyone can explain or at least put an example how to accomplish this I would greatly appreciate it.
Does it have to be a static mesh? It would be easier to drop the static mesh in a custom blueprint with pawn type and move it around with the pre-built controllers…
If it absolutely has to be a static mesh, I think within the level blueprint you can still access it’s movement properties.
The first step - as with ANY mesh would be to make sure the item is “movable”.
You’ll find the switch option right under the location/rotation/scale transforms.
To get the mesh to move vi script after that.
- Select the mesh withn the PIE viewer
- click Blueprints at the top and open the level blueprint
- Right click and tyle “location”
- choose set actor location
- set a new location for it.
- create an Event Tick (right click, create event tick)
- Connect the 2 and click Play / switch back to the PIE editor and you should see it teleport.
so I tried your method however I wasn’t able to get it rolling (might of been doing wrong) however I was able to get it going after making a character blueprint and putting the mesh in it. Then I made it hit nav points via level blueprint. I do appreciate the help, you definitely sent me down the correct path.
Try iTween plugin :