Moving image stuttering, how do I fix it?

This was asked once before, but the issue was a bit different (notably, in my case fps doesn’t drop at all). That question is marked as resolved, so I don’t suppose many people read it anymore.

So the issue is the image stuttering. You can see it here: UE4.25 Stuttering - YouTube

In this case I set max fps to 60 to match the recording fps. But if I enable vsync at my monitor’s native 75 hz, or if I unlock fps completely, it’s still the same. At the moments of stuttering, fps doesn’t drop at all, so the issue is not due to some expensive background operations.

This issue can be seen both in PIE and in a packaged game, even in newly created projects. However, I have older versions packaged in 4.24 and maybe even in 4.25.1 or 4.25.2, and in those versions everything seems fine.

None of the suggestions in the linked question remedied the issue. So what may cause this and how can I fix it? Is it something inherent in 4.25.3 and I just have to wait for the 4.26 release and hope it will get fixed?

As the last resort there’s always the option to format C: and reinstall everything from scratch to eliminate the possibility of my system misbehaving, but before doing that I wanted to make sure there was no way to fix the issue in a less destructive way.

I’ll be grateful for any suggestions.

Hello! Try to create default project from 3rd Person Template and check this issue in it!

I did. Unfortunately, it’s still there.

So the problem is not in engine, rather in engine dependencies. You can check

• OpenGL, DirectX versions
  • Drivers for Graphic Card

Maybe this can help…

Everything is up to date.

I’ve just downloaded 4.24.3. Everything seems fine in it.

If so, it can be Unreal Engine version bug, you can search the problem among registered and register it if dont find any similar.

Sorry to necro, but I’m having this exact same issue. No FPS drop, but this weird random stuttering in the background when my character is moving. It even persists when I package the game. Did you ever find a fix for this?