Moving FPS Camera to Look At Object

Hey Everyone

I’ll try to explain this the best I can.

I have an actor (in this case it’s a campfire). The player can interact with the campfire when looking at it (done via line trace).
Now what I want to do is, when the player interacts with the campfire, I want the camera to move just so that the campfire appears in the center of the screen.

Since i’m using a line trace for the interaction, the campfire is always in view of the camera, but is not always in center of the screen. I’m not sure how to approach this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

The way I have my interaction setup at the moment, I don’t want to change as it needs to work this way for how I have everything setup.

All I want to do, is if the player looks at the campfire and then presses the interaction button (in my case ‘E’) I just want the camera to turn whichever way it needs to so the campfire appears in the middle of the screen. I just don’t know how to make the player/camera move to look at the let’s say the center of the campfire.

I have added a couple of screenshots below. The first screenshot is how I want it to be. The second is how it can currently look. Since i’m using a line trace, as long as i’m hitting any part of the campfire and not just the middle, the fire can appear off center.
I just want to know once i interact with the fire, is it possible to move/pan the player/camera view so it goes from like screenshot 2 to screenshot 1.

Thanks, i’ll give it a shot.