Moving a split struct in a comment box adds hex values to pin names

If you split struct pin, on a get struct node that lives in a comment box, then attempt to move that comment box the pin names will sometimes have hex values added to the end, that do not go away unless you re-create the node.

1. Place a struct get on your blueprint

2. Split the pin output

3. With the struct selected press C to put a comment box around it

4. and then move the comment box

Hex string gets placed in pin names.
Repro: 3/10

120581-splitstructmove.png

Hi Morkath,

I attempted to reproduce this but I couldn’t get your results. It also looks like you aren’t using a standard get node for the Struct variable. What type of node is that? Feel free to upload a test project if that is easier.

It’s just a struct get that I have split the pins on instead of using a break struct node on.

The target pin is just because it lives outside the blueprint I am doing the get on.

Hmm…even when using the exact type of get node that you described, I’m still unable to get a repro on this. Here is what I’m doing, maybe I’m missing a step?

• Created a struct (Struct01) with several different member variables

• Created an actor (Actor01), then created a variable of Struct01 inside of it

• Created another actor (Actor02), in the Event Graph > Cast to Actor01 > Get StructVar > Split the struct pin

• Select the split Get node > Press the C-key to create a comment box

• Move the comment box (also tried resizing the comment box then moving it)

• Create several move comment boxes using different variations of the split Get node and other nodes > Moved them around

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please feel free to post back here with additional information to reopen the post.

Cheers,

TJ