Movie Render Queue in UE5 is broken

I’m really not sure what has happeded to the movie render queue but no matter whether i’m using lumen or raytracing (reflections/GI) I cannot get clean renders without artifacts, noise and aliassing. Perhaps it isn’t implementing TSR particularly well because for some reason sequencer renders are better quality and more stable.

I would love to know whether this is a known issue at Epic.

I haven’t had any issues with the Movie Render Queue itself, but I’m running into an issue where, if I have more than like 15 materials assigned across the level, all materials in the level are randomized across all meshes when the level loads, which happens when the MRQ is used as well.

When I apply just one material to everything, the MRQ functions perfectly with Lumen and I’m able to get clean renders. Maybe take a look at the documentation and implement the cvars below which turn off denoisers? Also be sure to check out the section that talks about Anti-Aliasing.

r.AmbientOcclusion.Denoiser.TemporalAccumulation: 0
r.GlobalIllumination.Denoiser.TemporalAccumulation: 0
r.Reflections.Denoiser.TemporalAccumulation: 0
r.Shadow.Denoiser.TemporalAccumulation: 0

Hi There, I already have all of those cvars added plus 64 temoral subsamples. Nothing can get rid of the aliassing. Plus raytracing reflections ar eparticularly bad with speckly noise.

(post deleted by author)

Hi, it looks like your link doesn’t work.

Hopefully our issues can be solved at least by waiting for final release of UE5. the worst thing would be that it just goes unnoticed.

(post deleted by author)