Movie render Queue: change output filenames during rendering with user variables

I have different versions of a 3D model (texture, applications, etc) that I cycle through in a sequencer sequence so that all versions in different combinations are rendered as a series in one render pass.

Matching the displayed paramaters I want to change the naming of the image files of a sequencer rendering by user variables during the rendering.

for example: {color}-{size}-{weight}.jpg
where the variables are changed with each frame.

Just like the system variables “level_name” or “frame_number” which can be included in the file name.

The question: Do you see a way to add one or more user variables to the default variables at the filename?

Thank you for any suggestions.

1 Like

As a result, I am able to cycle through different versions of a 3D model (texture, applications, etc.) in a sequencer sequence in order to render all versions in different combinations as part of one render pass.

I want to change the naming of the image files of a sequencer rendering by user variables in the midst of the rendering process, to match the displayed parameters.

A good example of this would be the following: {color}-{size}-{weight}.jpg
In this case, the variables are changed with each frame of the animation.

A good example of this would be a system variable called “level_name” or “frame_number” that can be included in the name of the file.

Do you see a way to add one or more user variables to the default variables at the beginning of the filename in addition to the default variables?

I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.

In blueprint, you can use “Make MoviePipelineFilenameResolveParams” which takes a Map of String-String as its key-value pair which you can use to add other parameters

can anyone provide an example of how to use this? What do I do with it once I’ve populated it? This BP is a beast…

1 Like