Movie Render Queue and Memory crashes?

Hey,

What is the deal with the Movie Render Queue crashing and the ludicrous use of memory?

Scenario:
Project is a total including compiled shaders of 6.21GB (Wetland), no matter if with RHI or without, deleting 2/3 of the scene or not, standard MRQ settings or advanced, 1080 or 4K and it just doesnt render and crashes with memory issues.
System i9+rtx3090

It also takes ages to even get to the crash state (7min?).
The take is only 10 seconds long with 240 frames to render! Screenshot 2021-05-04 174429|690x405

For that 6.21 scene and 240frames it stuffs 205GB(!!!) into the memory before it crashes.

Can someone please give me a clue what i am doing wrong or if MHQ is just bad.

I went through all the usual videos with virtual texturing and setting higher limits in registry, but nothing helps.

#frustrating

Best
M

Did you ever resolve the MRQ crashes? I’m running into a similar issue only I’m in Early Access 5 and I’m not seeing any memory errors just kicks me out of UE5 every time I get to 1462 frames? I’ve basically, deleted everything out of the World Outliner and it keeps crashing out 1462 frames into the sequence when rendering .exr. Geez

…Bump. I’ve been having similar issues. (watched all the suggested diagnostic videos) I have a scene with Raytrace, NVidia GI, DLSS.
I can render out frames with legacy Sequencer. However, anytime I use Movie Render Queue it crashes out without even initializing. I’ll either just see a white window or black. No text. I tried reducing resolution ( 640x480) I tried console commands such as “r. ScreenPercentage 15”. The only thing it does is take longer to crash.
I opened the scene on an AMD machine with a Radeon card. All the Nvidia stuff disabled. No tracing. It rendered in Movie Queue.

All I can guess, presently is that it may be an issue with Raytracing.+Movie Queue…but, who knows. It’s hard to diagnose what the problem exactly is.

Any help on this much appreciated!

I’m having the same kinds of problems with Movie Render in UE-5.0.2. Last month I rendered a bunch of scenes from City Sample into which I added some heavy models. No problems. Today I’m rendering a much, much lighter scene and it chews up my 128GB of memory in the first 15 frames and crashes.

So I went back to the Legacy renderer and it rendered fine. Actually, that one renders really fast, so fast that I thought something was wrong but it looks like the quality I expected.

Is there any downside to using the Movie Scene Capture?