Movie Render Q working on dx 11 but not on dx 12? (Resolved!)

This is the last update. After more then 90+ crashes and attempts to render on dx 12 i was going over every single option in the Movie render q and i finally found the solution :sunglasses:. It has to do with the texture streaming option. If your project in the project settings (Engine / Rendering) has the option “Texture streaming” checked it seems that it doesn’t matter then the Movie render q overrides this setting and disables it by default! So to fix this you need to open the new Movie render q, click on the top left “+setting” icon and add "Game Overrides - then on the right side under “Rendering” it is disabled as a default so switch to either “Don’t override” or “Fully Load used Textures”. In my case Don’t override works perfectly fine when it is in project settings awso on.

On the Legacy Movie render q it is even easier to find. There is awso by default the texture streaming option disabled. You just need to click on the “Advanced” tab and enable “Texture streaming” and thats it…

So now i go from not be able to render 320x240 resolution with 25% screen percent res
all low settings preset “out of memory crash” or “gpu crashed” to maxing all out on epic settings 1920x1080 with 200% screen resolution just because of this setting. I knew the not be able to render 320x240 and out of memory thing was just pure ■■■■■■■■… I hope this helps if someone is new to unreal engine and experience the same gpu crashes or out of memory errors and didnt know that the Movie render q is everytime disabling the texture streaming by default causing this huge problems… Now let’s f go and gl to all with your rendering :kissing_heart:

6 Likes