Movement Input halted when clicking specific widget

Hi there. It seems the problem I have is described in this post (Clicking UMG Widget stops movement), but I’m not sure I understand the “solution” in the topic; or rather, if that solution would even still be relevant 7 years in the future.

To put it briefly, I hold down a movement key while the inventory is open, I click on an item widget in the inventory, and the movement input completely disappears (using showdebug it shows that the movement axis is reverted to 0 and no input is detected), despite me continuing to press the movement key, meaning I have to release the key for them to work normally again.

However, what I’ve noticed is that this only happens one single time after the Inventory widget was added to the viewport. After the bug happens, the input works as intended - until I close and reopen the inventory again (remove from parent, add to viewport), when it will happen, again, just once.

Fiddled around a lot to no avail but I’m still relatively new to the engine so I’m not sure if it’s just an error on my part.

Please let me know if anything like this sounds familiar to you! If necessary I will of course provide more info and screenshots or whatever else may help.

Finally managed to fix it. The “is focusable” tag present in widgets consumes keyboard input when clicking on a widget, once that was deactivated, everything worked correctly…

HOWEVER, this doesn’t seem to apply to Listview widgets, as movement is still halted when clicking on a List entry, even though neither the Entry widgets nor the Listview widget is focusable. If anyone knows a workaround for this, let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.