Movement Component: Rotation Acceleration

Greetings,

Is there a way to control the acceleration and deceleration of the capsule rotation? In the movement component, there is a parameter for rotation rate, which is in degrees per second. Rotation however starts and stops immediately. Is there a function to control the rotation acceleration/deceleration? there is one for speed, but not rotation. If this is not built into the movement component, is there a way to implement it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The problem is Iv’e got two run lean animations, and a run fwd animation. The leans are blended with the run fwd in a 2D blend-space (Iv’e got walking as well) on the x-axis. The x-axis is controlled by a turn rate float, which is just the degrees of capsule rotation per second. The problem is, when I rotate the character then stop rotating quickly while running, or do a 180 degree turn around, the blend from the leaning animation to the run fwd animation is instant, since the capsule rotation stops immediately. I do have an interpolation on the x-axis with a slight delay, to make the inconsistencies in rotation rate not affect the blending, but the problem still remains when the capsule immediately stops rotating. That’s why I need to figure out a way to control the capsule rotation deceleration if possible :confused:
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I am an animator, not a programmer, and am still learning the mystical ways of the deep yet intriguing Blueprint

Hi, google sent me there a (lot) of time later, but in CharacterMovement, there’s a Rotation Rate variable you can use for that purpose.