Movement Component Error (Not registered. Aborting.)

This shows up in log:

LogActorComponent: UnregisterComponent: (/Engine/Transient.CharacterMovementComponent_46) Not registered. Aborting.

What does this mean, how can I fix it?

When I click save all, it doesn’t save and this error shows up in the log.

I think it’s an error with the Character class that comes with the engine. The main character class that’s the parent of myCharacter.

…there is no text in this question.

What exactly is your question? Could you write it in again? Since I assume it got deleted through an edit :wink:

LogActorComponent: UnregisterComponent: (/Engine/Transient.CharacterMovementComponent_46) Not registered. Aborting. What does this mean, how can I fix it? When I click save all, it doesn’t save and this error shows up in the log. I think it’s an error with the Character class that comes with the engine. The main character class that’s the parent of myCharacter.

This error sounds to me like you’ve accidentally deleted something you shouldn’t have from the character. If you can’t figure out what it was, you might have to start over with a new project and migrate your other blueprints over.

What engine version are you using? Does this error occure in a new, fresh project?

What was the last thing you did, before this error occured? Is this a Blueprint Only Project or do you have a subclass of the character or something?

Please provide us with some more information (: then it will be easier to narrow down your issue.

Ok I’ll try in new project and try migrating, I’ll report to here when I’m done. By the way it’s blueprint only.

I investigated further in the problem, for example when I bring in one of the mixamo’s characters inside the game

LogPropertyNode:Warning: UI Min (0.001) >= UI Max () for Ranged Numeric

This shows up in log, and when I delete that character from from the scene, that error shows up again:

Cmd: DELETE
Cmd: ACTOR DELETE
LogEditorActor: Deleted Actor: Mixamo_Zoe_C
LogActorComponent: UnregisterComponent: (/Engine/Transient.CharacterMovementComponent_4) Not registered. Aborting.
LogActorComponent: UnregisterComponent: (/Engine/Transient.CharacterMovementComponent_5) Not registered. Aborting.
LogEditorActor: Deleted 1 Actors (0.040 secs)

Also whenever I click on a character(blueprint based on character class), this error shows up:

And yes, it happens on contentExamples project too, so it’s not a problem with my project but most likely the character class is somehow changed in the engine, here is what I did:

I opened contentExamples and created a new blueprint of class Character, I didn’t do anything with it, just brought it into the scene, and this error showed up:

Then I deleted it from the scene, this error showed up:

Cmd: DELETE
Cmd: ACTOR DELETE
LogEditorActor: Deleted Actor: NewBlueprint_C
LogActorComponent: UnregisterComponent: (/Engine/Transient.CharacterMovementComponent_0) Not registered. Aborting.
LogActorComponent: UnregisterComponent: (/Engine/Transient.CharacterMovementComponent_1) Not registered. Aborting.
LogEditorActor: Deleted 1 Actors (0.052 secs)

How can I fix this?

I realized that this shows up also when I delete a staticMesh actor, the other error with the characters, happens in all projects but didn’t get fixed when I reinstalled the engine, what’s this about really?

BUMP, problem persists in all projects including content examples, meaning that most probably it’s a problem with the engine. But reinstalling it didn’t work, I don’t know what to do, help please, whenever I change a variable in myCharacter blueprint, instances of this error outputs to log:

LogActorComponent: UnregisterComponent: (/Engine/Transient.CharacterMovementComponent_1) Not registered. Aborting.
LogActorComponent: UnregisterComponent: (/Engine/Transient.CharacterMovementComponent_2) Not registered. Aborting.
LogActorComponent: UnregisterComponent: (/Engine/Transient.CharacterMovementComponent_3) Not registered. Aborting.

Bump ------

Same problem here. Everything is working in PIE, but when packaging, this error:

“UnregisterComponent: (/Engine/Transient.CharacterMovementComponent_0) Not registered. Aborting.” shows up several times and for example, “orient rotation to movement” in Defaults tab probably resets, because player is not rotating anymore.

Basic setup here, “Person” class derived from Character, and then “Player” class derived from “Person”. Using 4.6.1, pure blueprint project.

Edit: Looks like it generates this error when i change any property in Defaults tab of “Person” (child of Character) blueprint. So, for example, when i change “Orient Rotation to Movement” to true, it resets its value after packaging.

Edit2: When i reset all Defaults properties to default in Person class, and change them in children, these errors still show up, but now it’s working ok after packaging - player is rotating, so seems like this Orient Rotation to Movement was not reset this time. Strange.

Edit3: After restarting editor, packaging no longer shows these errors. More info in answer.

I’ve had exactly the same problem, and i’ve found a workaround:

If you have, for example, “Unit” class based on Character, and “NPC”, “Monster”, “Player”, etc. classed which are children of “Unit” class - then try to reset all properties in Defaults tab of “Unit” blueprint to default. Then change desired properties in one of children, for example in “Player”. With setup like this, mine errors disappeared and now it’s working. Looks like it generates this problem when changing anything in Defaults tab of class that is directly derived from Character class.

This saved me! I was having all sort of weird issues in 4.7: level loading crashes, animation instances without a reference to the pawn; resetting in all blueprints fixed it for me (even though I hadn´t changed any default on any instance).

(I used it from:
property Details - > Edit Blueprint → Reset Instance Changes to Blueprint Defaults)

Edit:
I am pretty sure everything breaks when changing a property in a blue print that has an instance in any map. The instances in the maps don´t get updated and remain in a broken state until you reset them.

I posted a new question with this:
Possible Bug in blueprint editor with 4.7

Good to hear… So… it’s still not fixed yet in 4.7.4? It’s a basic programming concept to derive from classes, and Character is one of the ‘main’ classes that people are using. Maybe nobody reported this bug? Maybe i should do it now? :stuck_out_tongue:

Could someone confirm if this bug is still there? I can’t check it atm, i’m outside of my main ‘workstation’

[2016.04.19]LogActorComponent: UnregisterComponent: (/Engine/Transient.CharMoveComp) Not registered. Aborting.
Just to verify, I’m having the same problem. I can’t confirm that it is an editor bug, but I guess it’s related

Still going on >.> can someone help me fix this? nothing is working for me D:

Still an active broken error. Someone help please…