Move To node in Behaviour Tree does nothing

Hello, I have set up a simple (very simple) Behaviour Tree and I wanna make a pawn move towards a point. This is what I have:

Am I doing something wrong cause the pawn doesn’t move at all?

This might be a dumb question but does your actor actually have an AI controller possessing it?

When you’re watching the behavior tree, does it ever actually move to the Move To node? Does it just flash and go back to the wait?

So I think it is either determining it is AT the TargetDestination OR it is unable to reach it. So first, are you sure the character is far enough away from 0,10,0? If it’s already there, it won’t move.

Second, do you have a navmesh set up? If not, you will need to drop one in the level and have it encapsulate the area in which you want AI to be able to navigate. You can press P in the editor to see it - everywhere AI can navigate should be green (non-navigable places should be red). Also, you can type show navigation in the console while playing in editor to see it there as well.

Finally, is it possible for the AI to reach this destination? Check if there’s anything else there and show the navigation to ensure there’s a path. The AI should attempt to move to that location even if it’s blocked so I imagine this isn’t the case.

283864-bp.png

That’s all i’ve got.

It flashes and goes back to the Wait node.

Thanx for the in-depth answer. I have a single navigation mesh for the whole 3X3 terrain, is that correct or should I break it down to more nav meshes? Also when I press P in the Editor or type show navigation in the preview (in the console) nothing shows up, not green, not red, not anything. Here’s my Blueprint right now:

A single mesh should be just fine but it’s concerning that you don’t see any green when you press P, makes me think that’s the culprit. If the navmesh isn’t working, you’ll never get any ai moves.

You should see something like this:

Are you sure you added the Nav Mesh Bounds Volume and made it big enough to cover the land you’re walking on?

Ok I think the issue is that the NavMesh is still Building Navigation, it has a ways to go still, I’m on Linux so the notification comes and goes and i thought it was done. I just have to wait it out to try and see the nav mesh in the editor right?

Wow how big is your nav mesh?

It’s huge (10000, 10000, 1000). That’s why I was asking if it’s too huge, it’s got 4.000.000 things (faces?) to build still

Wow. Well … I don’t really know the best procedure for dealing with massive areas. I might try it with a small one first to prove that’s the problem

Ok thanx :smiley: