Move FPS Arms forward when playing a certain animation

I am not sure if this belongs under the blueprint section or animation section because it has to deal with a bit of both.

Being a solo developer, I have been working within my constraints as far as art goes and have been using a pair of FPS arms found from a horror pack in the Unreal marketplace.

However, I have retargeted some animations that were originally for the unreal mannequin character, but the arms to are low to show the animation during actual gameplay.

In other words, during the animation, the fps arms are too low or far back (probably both), can I just move the skeletal mesh only during a certain state on a state machine, or is there a better way, such as creating another camera just for this one animation?

Any suggestions, thoughts, solutions, etc is appreciated.

Just busting through the learning curve,

thanks

I would not mess with the camera, for sure, and moving the mesh around…hhmmm… also not unless there’s some extreme last resort case. Best thing is to fix the problem at the root, which is to fix the animation. Workarounds and messing with things like position… etc… gets messy at a later stage as you add things and possibly do more hacks or workarounds, and you don’t wanna deal with that if you can avoid it.

You could possibly get this worked out purely in UE4, but I would export it and modify it externally in Max… or if you use Maya or Blender or whatever, you can do the same thing. If you’ve never done this, it might be a good idea to start learning it. Since you mentioned you’re a solo developer, I know where you’re coming from and I can tell you that you will need to know a little about everything, and a lot about some things to make it through a project. So learning new skills is gonna be a common thing. It is basically inevitable that you’ll at some point need to know a 3D package and with this animation thing, really, that’s kind of needed there to get the best most efficient result.