Move component bug?

Hi,
Messing around with Move Component, i think that the “Relative Target Location” is relative to the world, instead of the component we wish to move, making it in fact world target location? T

This is quite confusing. Maybe i’m understanding it wrong.

Can someone confirm it?
I think just making a move component node with relative location target set to 0 0 0 is enough to see the problem, to my understanding, it shouldn’t move the component since it’s 0 relatively, but it’ll move it to your world origin

Hey,

Target Relative Location is definitely relative to the world, which is why setting it 0 0 0 will move it to the center of the map/world-space. If you had an component at 250 350 0 you would see it move to 0 0 0. With those same coordinates moving an object to the left would be 250 300 0.

Now with a little bit more logic you can grab the relative location of the component to make it move. I’ll attach a picture of the blueprint I made. But my base location is 250 350 0 and it will move to 250 150 0. The -200 Y in the Delta Location subtracts from the base relative location Y to move it to the left. I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hmm my bad, i didn’t understand the underlying terminology. I thought target relative location was something like an offset, i figured it would be target world location if it was relative to the world

Thanks for the clarification :slight_smile: