Mouse sensitivity defaults to 0

Hi, I am new to Unreal Engine and have been using it only for a few weeks. I managed to create a mouse sensitivity slider bar whose value when changed is saved. However the default value starts at zero so I cannot move the mouse when playing. I can only move my mouse when I change the slider bar value. I have tried changing the slider bar’s set value when starting the game but it doesn’t change, it just stays at the end of the slider.

Any suggestions would be seriously appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile:

Presumably, the slider ends up talking to the character blueprint? You can clamp the range there to make sure it never gets to zero.

I am curious, could you screenshot how you’ve done your saving/loading code? I would like to see if maybe I’ve done it wrong. The slider itself doesn’t talk to the character blueprint, instead I load a save game from slot (options) and grab mouse sensitivity from there, then I multiply it by the axis value from the inputs.

I do keep the sensitivity in the save game, but only load from there on startup.

When the value is changed, it’s saved in the character and written back to the SG.

In the character, all I have is

345738-screenshot-1.jpg

I stop it from going to zero in the slider options

Interestingly enough, I added a does save game exist? node and connected it to a branch where coming off the false, I manually set the mouse sensitivity by connecting it to the axis value. It then worked but the problem was it wasn’t consistent with the slider’s position, this part was done in the character blueprint. I have set a default value for the slider but for some reason its stuck at zero until I move it when in-game. Could you also show me your save game logic? It seems like maybe there’s a problem with my actual save game.

Savegame 101: