Mouse Movement And Sword Direction Combat

If anyone have ever played The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall ,he will be familiar with this type of combat, which if you are holding a sword for instance in the game and slide the mouse in a certain direction the sword will swing in that direction. So for example, if I moved my mouse forward then the sword will do a forward stabbing animation and hit whoever is in front of me.However, I also want to make a parry system, that if 2 players swing swords at each other in opposite directions they parry and no damage is taken to either players. I can’t really think of a correct and proper way to do this. Can someone please help.

I haven’t done it myself but it would involve a bit of animation blending like how. Like how there is a blend for walking backwards and forwards in the Rifle Animation Pro set, but you have to make your own to blend with the pitch and yaw. And for parry you would likely be doing collision checks for meshes to see if one comes in contact with another, and if they are it would play a backstab animation or something and cancel the attack animations.

TL;DR - Blending animations.

I can’t really understand the whole system correctly,can you please be more specific.

Bump!!!

Hi usfshihy,

Please do not bump threads that have not gone unanswered for 4 or more days from the last post. This clutters the forums and makes it exceedingly difficult to help anyone. To answer your question, check out this tutorial I made last year, it should help get you started on the blueprint side:

After getting this set up, the actual swings will have to be animated and you will want to normalize your mouse movement to a 0-1 scale to determine how far the player swings in each direction, etc. I hope this helps get you going!

Thank you , sorry for the bump.

[= ;312587]
Please do not bump threads that have not gone unanswered for 4 or more days from the last post. This clutters the forums and makes it exceedingly difficult to help anyone.
[/]

I’m confused. :confused:
should we make new threads instead of bumping old’ish threads then? won’t that cause even more clutter?

also is 4 days really a valid threshold for considering it dead? because a thread can fall into 2nd page oblivion in a matter of hours

Or several days, depending on which forum we are in.

[=;313028]
I’m confused. :confused:
should we make new threads instead of bumping old’ish threads then? won’t that cause even more clutter?

also is 4 days really a valid threshold for considering it dead? because a thread can fall into 2nd page oblivion in a matter of hours
[/]

Totally agree, 4 doesn’t make any sense. If it didn’t get any answer the first day, it won’t after 3 either. I’d say change the rule to one day and maybe change it to not allow any blatant bumps, instead if you want to bump you add more information to the thread so that people might be able to help you this time.

actually my point is that if you didn’t get any help the first time, what are you supposed to do if you can’t bump the thread? make a new thread and cause even more clutter? or really just shut up and live with the fact that your issue will always be there (and hope it doesn’t bring you to a full halt) ?

For others that have gone down this rabbit hole and dead ended here with a broken post link, I believe I found 's tutorial here → Actions Based on Mouse Movement | Unreal Engine Community Wiki