Mouse cursor bug with camera rotation

Hi, so i have been createing mouse cursor system from blueprint from scratch, and it works greate and very light on performance.
Unfortunately that means and later on i found out that custom cursor doesn’t seem to be working with UI button functions and etc

If i disable my custom cursor system and enable the in build in cursor system, it seems that my camera controller is limited to its rotation, duo to the cursor only can go in a certain way in the viewport itself.

How do i fix this problem, or perhaps is there a way to detect if my mouse in generel is over a widget/ui thing like buttion, image etc?

Have a look at the widget override menu:

Every user widget can detect this. Some native widgets have their own additional events, too:

I am familiar wit hthe on click, on hovered and etc. Problem is that i can’t be detected if i not enableing “Show mouse cursor”

originally i am not enableing show mouse cursor, because i was handleing mouse cursor myself with a simple blueprint. But since i cant seem to detect buttons/ui things with my custom cursor system i had to enable the show mouse cursor/in build cursor system for unreal engine. Only problem is enableing show mouse cursor limits my camera rotation when moving my mouse since the cursor has its limit on the viewport…

I think this is a slightly different issue. Sounds like this was needed there but I might be mistaken:

that custom cursor

@FlinnNew Could you briefly describe how this works in your project?

3 Likes

Your amazing dude! it worked

1 Like

It does?! That’s a great ooops then. Happy little accidents!

Haha yep it does work :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think i spoke to soon… Testing further into it and seems like its still the same. Using that node also removes the cursor for any click with the mouse.

Any other solutions?

Here is a better overview

1. Problem is if i use “Show mouse cursor” the InputAxis X and Y (mouse) is getting locked if you reach the end of your viewport, this makes so my camera rotation is only rotateing if the mouse is the in viewport. If you aren’t using “Show mouse cursor” the InputAxis isn’t locked even if you mouse reaached beyond the viewport limit

2. If i use my custom cursor system, witch is as simple as getting the mouse position and moving a widget cursor to its location, problem is that UI Widgets can’t be detected for click, hover and etc

Also: If there is any way to detect a widget button like on its hover, or click without haveing the Show mouse cursor enabled, please let me know. Then i can handle cursor functions way easier then unreal engine system…

Not sure why unreal engine does this, but i can’t seem to find any solutions… Hopefully someone may be able to help :slight_smile:

For me it works, the mouse respect the ModeGameOnly and it’s not interfering on the “Gameplay” level when you don’t need it.

Hello google, i am a thousand years from the future. This is still a valid solution to solve this problem even in ue5.3.

1 Like