Hi guys, I’m using the “Mobile Patching System” feature introduced in 4.14 for an android project, to create a small starting map (for the AppStore) that would then download the rest of the game from the cloud. Everything goes well but I’m having a problem in the Mount stage.
These are the steps I’m following:
- Create a new Blueprint blank project.
- Create an entirely blank map called “Lobby” with only the Mobile Patch Utility Nodes in the level blueprint (https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Blueprints/UserGuide/PatchingNodes/index.html). All the nodes look pretty much the same as that guide.
- Create another map called “Main” which consists of a floor and a couple of cubes lying around. This is the level that would be downloaded from the cloud.
- Follow the Mobile Packaging Wizard (https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Platforms/Mobile/MobilePackagingWizard/index.html)
- Create the two profiles, choose “Lobby” as the Distributable APK map and build in Development configuration, choose “Main” as the Downloadable map and select Android_ETC1 texture format.
After running the profiles, a few things were generated:
a. In the game directory, “Android_APK_DLC” folder (as specified in Mobile Packaging Wizard step 3). It contains two folders: App->1.0->EMPTY and HTTPchunks->DLC1.0->…Android_ETC1->DLC1.0->MobileDLC->MobileDLC-Android_ETC1.pak, …Android_ETC1->ManifestDir->EMPTY.
b. In the game directory, “Releases” folder. Releases->1.0->Android_ETC1->MobileDLC-Android_ETC1.pak and AssetRegistry.bin.
c. In the PC’s Documents directory, “Unreal” folder. Contains Android_ETC1 folder with the apk, ChunksV3 folder and the manifest file (MobileDLC_MobileDLCDLC1.0.manifest).
- Rename the manifest file to “mobileTEST.manifest” and upload this and the ChunksV3 folder to the server.
- Install the apk generated in the Documents/Unreal/Android_ETC1 folder in the mobile device.
- Run the game in mobile. The request, download and installation processes were all successful, but the mount process fails with a “Mount failed” error.
I created another C++ project to debug the Mount function and see what went wrong.
The FindPlatformFile(TEXT(“PakFile”)) function is returning null, so then (PakFileMgr == nullptr) is true, the function returns false and the process fails.
Any idea how to solve this problem? Or if I’m doing something wrong? Thanks!