Motion Matching for UE4

i have some issues getting the plugin working…

after trying to build it it says

error:

3 dlls are missing

then i try to rebuild it and then it gives me this advice

try building from source manually.

i have literally no clue how to do this is there a yt video or something that some brave knight can share here? :slight_smile:

Everything is cool and such, but I’ve got some issues:

1. 4.20 version doesn’t work on 4.20 source engine. Doesn’t build with multiple errors.
  2. project with 4.19 version can’t be packaged due to bone array error (even if you retarget for equal skeleton).
  3. What time was it allowed to sell plugins without source? We can’t even fix your bugs.

Imo it’s dead and crude product.

Hey can any one Help me with distance matching stuffs???

@ Hay ,
Great job , I’ve tried to do this on my own but it needs more than a dreamer ,
any way i did try to use your plugin but it seemed to be out of date , i’m using 4.21 and its asking for 4.18
and there’s problem that the engine ask to rebuild the following modules but actually it fails .
if there’s any way to help please cuz i really wanna use the tech .
thanx for reading

Hi @ there’s problem i told you about please reply me … do you know about it ?, if you can you see where this came from ,
i tried to rebuild them using VS2017 but it didn’t work out .
hope you reply me .

Other people have asked about a 4.21 port. But I’ll do a port to 4.22 since its about to release.

Hi @ thank you for replying , I’m also looking for 4.21 …so is it there in GitHub server or you will released soon
and thank you for sharing your ideas with us ,
Note : the current plugin in GitHub is not working , and its still gives an error to build even with generating the VS2017 files .

Updated to 4.22 https://github.com//UE4_MotionMatching-

thanks bro for sharing ,
but idk the same problem it doesn’t compile so can you help me with this issue

Do you work for Film Storm cos his code is exactly the same as yours? (80-95%)
I am also writing my own version for the market place and my code especially the UI was built around your code.

I do not, however I stopped working on this implementation long ago. So anyone is welcomed to have it as a base for their own improved version.

Could you make a tutorial explaining better technology for noobs like me ?! Congratulations on your work, how do I solve compile problems?

Any progress yet John? I’m looking forward to a Motion Matching plugin that actually works. The Filmstorm one is buggy as hell. Desperately needs animation weight tagging or something to specify certain segments (run loops) instead of going into these weird half loops or leans while running along in a straight line.

Some people have struggled to get this to build, so I thought I would share my steps, since I was able to get this to compile.

First I got source for version 4.22 from Epic’s github: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine. There is a drop down arrow which says release where you can select 4.22 instead. It may work on newer versions, but I thought I’d start with the simplest test. I called my folder UnrealEngine422.

I ran the setup.bat in the downloaded folder to download the dependency files. It takes a while.

Then get the source code for 's plugin from https://github.com//UE4_MotionMatching-
Copy the UE_MotMatch folder to beneath your UnrealEngine422 folder, or you can probably clone it there in the first place. I didn’t.

Then I had to comment out these two lines in the two cs files: 1) In .\UnrealEngine422\UE_MotMatch\Plugins\MotionMatching\Source\MotionMatching\MotionMatching.Build.cs
Comment or delete from the PublicIncludePaths section:
//“MotionMatching/Public”

1. Do the same in .\UnrealEngine422\UE_MotMatch\Plugins\MotionMatching\Source\MotionMatchingEditor\MotionMatchingEditor.Build.cs

Then run GenerateProjectFiles.bat in the UnrealEngine422 folder.

Then load the generated UE4.sln file into Visual Studio. I used VS 2019. It asks for 2017, which was probably current when this was last built.

Build the solution from the Build menu. This also takes a while.

Run the game (F5) should work, or Debug/Start Debugging menu. This takes a while the first run.

Well I’m very late to this party but I was wondering, if I was to plug in a more smoother animation data, would I be able to use this project’s system to get better animations or do I need to tweak it further in code?

Thank you sharing this plugin. that,I get this plugin has update to 4.26.1,but after install,the engine always tell me it was build for 4.22,and something else. how can i fix it?2021524-155343

Hello, I met a similar problem before, may be you can try this method: right click the .uproject and select Generate Visual Studio project files, then open the .sln file with Visual Studio to rebuild and figure out the problem.

thank a lot , i have fix that :slight_smile: