There’s a bug in these docs https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Platforms/VR/MotionController/index.html
The tutorial tells you to create a Pawn, however, in the blueprint it tells you to use GetPlayerCharacter on that pawn. This doesn’t work, you have to use GetPlayerPawn (afaik).
I’m a beginner with UE4 so I was lost on this for about 2 hours.
This appears to work fine on our end. I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.
- Could you please elaborate on what it is that you mean by “doesn’t work”?
- Are you saying that something other than the desired result happens, that the command does nothing, you do not have access to the node mentioned, or other?
- Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
- If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
- Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints that may be involved?
We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.