Motion Capture Workflow - Brekel - Kinect 2 and Unreal

Do you have a working Kinect 2 -> Brekel -> Unreal pipeline?

I now have a Kinect 2 working within the Brekel Body 2 trial software - but I am stuck trying to import the mocap animations as FBX files into Unreal and connected to the Mannequin. Error message about Root Bone problems…

Is there a straightforward workflow for Unreal and Brekel Body 2?

Did I miss a Microsoft SDK skeleton that Brekel uses - to import to Unreal and rig to the Mannequin? All my characters use the Mannequin.

Is it more straightforward to the use Live Link from Brekel to Unreal and record MoCap within Unreal? (the trial demo does not include Live Link)

I understand that my Brekel animations will be a little loose and floppy - I plan to do cleanups in Akeytsu, similar to Blender.

Thank you for considering my request for help…

I can only assume the animations you’re bringing in’s skeletons match the skeleton on the mannequinhttps://youtube.com/watch?v=FDbpHamn2eYyou can watch this to get a better understanding of how the skeleton heirarchy works

Hello YuuJin
My use of the Kinect 2 inside of Brekel Body 2 motion capture software means the animations are connected to the Microsoft Kinect SDK - a proprietary skeleton for Kinect, with other names, but similar or identical hierarchy.

Yesterday I got a note from Brekel - including, I think, access to the Kinect skeleton. Once I get this into Unreal I can rig a connection to the Mannequin.

He also gave me Trial access to the Live Link for Unreal - this includes the Kinect Skeleton, I believe. So as long as I can capture Mocap within Unreal, I can complete my pipleline by rigging to the Mannequin, and exporting the Mannequin with mocap/animation to animation software for cleanups, Blender or Akeytsu.

Thanks for your post!