Morph Targets flicker Randomly in Slave Mesh

Discussing this with the staff, one of our developers suggested:

Any behavior changes in that regard are likely grey-areas rather than functionality we’ve actually broken.

If you’re linking against a DLL, Windows requires you to load it explicitly from a path, or for it to be in the same directory as the binary that’s loading it.

I am not aware of any changes that would affect their loading of third party DLLs, but I don’t know everything that’s gone in since the last time we branched from main (about 6 months ago).

In general: the loading of third party DLLs is not done by the engine. It is done by the operating system, or the user’s code.

I installed 4.11P3 and the morph channels still go not through to the slave mesh, so I can not see if the clicker problem is fixed. Will this eventually be corrected for the final release?

This issue, JIRA [21684], is still open and will not likely be fixed for the official release of UE 4.11. However, it is being worked on and will be resolved for a future release of the engine.

Thanks, what about the new problem where slave meshes can not be morphed at all right now? This was introduced with 4.11P1. I can’t install the new engine without this fixed because my application depends on master-slave meshes being able to morph. this problem persisted in 4.11P3

You can follow the status of that bug, JIRA [UE-20602], here:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/294290/49-set-morph-target-not-being-sent-to-children-1.html

This has been reported fixed in UE-20481 and verified fixed in UE411p8. Because of the confusion between the two bug reports, please test and let me know if you are still experiencing this issue in preview 8.