More feedback on new NPC functionality

In my another post Early feedback for custom NPCs functionality I talk probably about Big features we are missing, but here are some smaller ones (and probably easy to add) that would help a lot when building fully custom NPC’s:

1. Speed setting for NavigateTo, because we can have slow and very fast NPC’s and dragging around a Mutator zone is just sad.

2. When playing skeletal mesh animations, a possibility to Loop it (or/and it could respect the loop property in animation settings). Right now I have repeat it manually, and it sometimes glitches (snaps back to idle).

1. The health bar seems to have fixed height. What is bad for small NPC enemies.

Screenshot 2024-01-26 151954

1. The physical asset is taken into account when shooting it (i.e. hitboxes), but in terms of collisions, there seems to be a default character capsule? Changing the collision preset for skeletal mesh under actor, seems to have no effect.

@eternalme Thank you for your feedback. While I cannot guarantee a response, I can confirm that this has been forwarded to the appropriate team.

1 Like
  1. I would be also awesome to control the Focus speed, i.e. how fast it turns towards Player. And I Dont see in animation preset, a animation for turning. But it does cancel, current played one.

I would be nice to forward this point also :slight_smile:

hey @eternalme , have you figured out the collision yet?

I am having the same problem.

I don’t think there is something to figure out. Epic just needs to fix this.
I tried to add child elements with collisions to actor > skel. mesh, but that gives different unwanted behavior.

1 Like