More Crashing Lately... Time to Migrate?

Hello, all!

Lately I’ve been experiencing more and more bugs in 5.3.2. I’m working on a big project, so I’m absolutely not going to change versions.

However, recently I’ve noticed the following issues:

1. The cursor will stop responding and I cannot click on anything.
  2. The pivot gadget will become unresponsive and unclickable; I cannot transform objects.
  3. General crashes when opening levels and blueprints.
  4. Crashing when breaking and/or creating levels.

Let me reiterate: this does NOT always happen, it just happens much more frequently than it used to.

Also, I don’t experience any crashing (yet) in the packaged game, so, at the very least, I know it isn’t an issue with code.

To anyone with experience, should I just migrate the project, so it’s fresh? Migrating has always fixed buggy issues for me in the past, but if I don’t have to, I don’t want to, as I’m afraid something could change, and it could take me a while to notice.

1 Like

Hello,

Do you have nvidia video card?

If you do have, did you try to install the “studio ready” or something like that drivers instead of gaming?

This might help on reducing the crashes.

1 Like

Hello, Alfa,

Not a bad suggestion at all, but this source of crashing has nothing to do with the graphics card. This is an Engine issue. (Though, to put your mind at ease, yes, I already use the Studio Driver for Nvidia, and it’s up to date).

It’s not just crashing I’m facing:

I think the Engine’s core looping functionality keeps getting snagged because my project is so big, and referenced items, naturally, change over time. But I don’t know for sure; haven’t seen the source code.